The Monterey Police Department Ride-Along Program is offered to residents, students and those employed within the City. Every attempt will be made to accommodate interested persons however any applicant may be disqualified without cause.
The following factors may be considered in disqualifying an applicant and are not limited to:
- Being under 16 years of age (unless an MPD Exlorer)
- Prior criminal history (any prior felony conviction, or any felony or misdemeanor arrest within one year)
- Pending criminal action
- Pending lawsuit against the Department
- Denial by any supervisor (ex., intoxication, poor personal hygiene, etc.)
Update May 2019: Due to an increase in ride along requests, the Monterey Police Department is limiting ride along requests to:
- City of Monterey residents
- Individuals working in the City of Monterey
- Students attending school in Monterey
- In a P.OS.T. approved police academy / Academy Graduate / Lateral Police Officer
- Applicant with the Monterey Police Department
- Police Explorer or Citizen’s Academy attendee
If you do not meet one of these requirements and would still like to request a ride along, please call the Watch Commander at (831) 646-3830.