Lake El Estero
Taking Flight, Great Blue Heron, 1995. Charles Lawrence Fischer (b. 1947). Bronze. (at right)
De Anza Walk, 1985. Lloyd Hamrol (b. 1937). Chiseled and polished granite.
Santa Rosalia, 1979. Richard Lutz. Bronze. Donated to the City of Monterey by the Italian Heritage Society. (at right)
Pelican, 1953. Paul McReynolds (1903-1978). Originally carved wood; repaired and cast in bronze in 1989.
Pietro Ferrante, 1969. Robert H. Hoge (1904-1998). Bronze. Gift from Ferrante family. Placed at current site in 1989.
Presidio of Monterey
Father Junipero Serra. Designed by John W. Coombs. Sculpted by Peter Bisson. Marble on granite foundation. Given to the City of Monterey in 1891 by Jane L. Stanford, widow of Governor Stanford, co-founders of Stanford University. (at right)
Sloat Monument, 1910. Melvin Earl Cummings (1876-1936)
Medallion of Commander John Drake Sloat. Granite.
Eagle. Arthur Putnam (1873-1930). Granite.
Father Serra Celtic Cross, 1905. Douglas Tilden (1860-1935). Granite. Commemorates Father Junipero Serra’s landing site. Located at the intersection of Pacific and Artillery Streets.