Monterey Public Library is pleased to offer our customers a new service, Zip Books!
Books that would have been good candidates for Interlibrary Loan Service potentially could be shipped to your house via Amazon.com
How it works:
- Search the catalog www.montereylibrary.org to verify Monterey and Pacific Grove Libraries don't own the item
- If it was published within the last year or isn't a book/audiobook (the ZipBook program doesn't do DVDs), please submit a Purchase Suggestion here.
- Is it a book that is it available for sale on Amazon.com for less than $50 or a book on cd for less than $75? If so, fill out the form below. The price and ISBN should be available in the Amazon.com information.
- If approved, the book will be mailed to your house so verify your address below. Please return it to the Library Help Desk within six weeks. Please do not return it in the book drop, as you will not receive credit for the return and you will have to pay the price of the item to use the Zip Book service again.
- One Zip Book request per person at a time. When you return your book, you are welcome to request another, with a maximum three requests per month.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Smith at (831) 646-2093 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the NorthNet Library System, funded with California Library Services Act (CLSA) Funds.