Need a book the Library doesn't own?
Thanks to funding from the California Library Services Act, the Library is able to purchase books or books-on-cd via Amazon.com and have them shipped to your house. The rules are slightly relaxed due to the COVID19 pandemic. (scroll to the bottom of this page for the regular rules).
To take advantage of the Zip Book program you must have a valid Monterey Public or Pacific Grove Library card. We are currently able to purchase bestsellers, but now that we offer curbside pickup, we will no longer order items the Library already owns. We can only purchase up to 3 copies of a single title, first come, first served. We are unable to purchase items on preorder.
- Verify the item you want is available from Amazon.com for less than $50
- Fill out the form below. Please limit yourself to one request per week.
- Staff will review the request and send you an email update within 1 week.
- If your Zip Book is approved, the order will be placed with Amazon and the item will be shipped to your house. Please note that Amazon is currently experiencing shipping delays.
- Zip Books can be kept until the inside of the Library is reopened, but you are welcome to return them earlier via our curbside pickup desk. Once the inside of the Library is open, please bring Zip Books to the desk and let the staff member know it was a Zip Book. Zip Books do not have specific due dates, but when the program is back to running according to its regular guidelines, you will not be able to request a new Zip Book until all your previous requests have been returned to the Library.