Need something to read while the Library is closed?
Thanks to funding from the California Library Services Act, the Library is able to purchase books or books-on-cd via Amazon.com and have them shipped to your house. During the Library closure, the rules have been temporarily relaxed (scroll to the bottom of this page for the regular rules).
To take advantage of the Zip Book program you must have a valid Monterey Public or Pacific Grove Library card. During this time, any title is eligible, including bestsellers and items the Library already owns. We can only purchase up to 3 copies of a single title during this time, first come, first served. We are unable to purchase items on preorder.
- Verify the item you want is available from Amazon.com for less than $50
- Fill out the form below. Please limit yourself to one request per week.
- Staff will review the request and send you an email update within 1 week.
- If your Zip Book is approved, the order will be placed with Amazon and the item will be shipped to your house. Please note that Amazon is currently experiencing shipping delays.
- Please do not return Zip Books until the Library is reopened. Once the Library is open, please bring Zip Books inside to the desk and let the staff member know it was a Zip Book. Zip Books do not have specific due dates, but when the program is back to running according to its regular guidelines, you will not be able to request a new Zip Book until all your previous requests have been returned to the Library.