Monterey Public Library is pleased to offer our customers a grant funded service called Zip Books!
Books that would have been good candidates for Interlibrary Loan Service potentially could be shipped to your house via Amazon.com
How it works:
- Search the catalog www.montereylibrary.org to verify Monterey and Pacific Grove Libraries don't own the book or book-on-cd.
- Is the book available for sale on Amazon.com for less than $50? Is the book-on-cd available from Amazon.com for less than $75? If so, fill out the form below. The price and ISBN should be available in the Amazon.com information.
- One Zip Book request per person at a time. We review Zip Book requests a couple times a week, and if approved, the book will be mailed to your house, so verify your address below. If you provided an email address, you will receive a confirmation when the item is ordered.
- Please return it to the Library Help Desk within six weeks. Please do not return it in the book drop, as you will not receive credit for the return and you will have to pay the price of the item to use the Zip Book service again. When you return your book, you are welcome to request another, with a maximum three requests per month.
- Zip Books are not renewable, but they don't accrue late fees. You may return your Zip Book beyond the due date, but you will not be able to request a new Zip Book until it is returned.
- Books that are current bestsellers or very popular may be referred to our Purchase Suggestion form here. Books in other languages or Playaway request are welcome if they are available from Amazon. Out of print books may be requested if they meet the criteria. DVDs and eBooks are not available through the Zip Book program.
If you have any questions, please contact Kim Smith at (831) 646-2093 or email@example.com.
Zip Books is a statewide project of the NorthNet Library System, funded with California Library Services Act (CLSA) Funds.