Boards, Commissions, Committees
Get involved and impact your community! The City of Monterey is accepting applications from Monterey residents for volunteer positions on the following boards, committees, and commissions:
- Appeals Hearing Board – One member (previously noticed recent vacancy)
- Building and Housing Appeals Board – One member (previously noticed recent vacancy)
- Disabled Access Appeals Board – Two members (one previously noticed recent vacancy, one ongoing vacancy -- these current vacancies are for individuals with knowledge regarding building, construction, or disabled access regulations; this specialized knowledge is a requirement for the remaining seats.)
- Neighborhood and Community Improvement Program (NCIP) Committee –
- One Alternate each for the following neighborhoods: Alta Mesa and Deer Flats (ongoing vacancies)
Applications for all vacancies will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.
Residents of the City of Monterey are encouraged to apply for these volunteer positions. Position descriptions and requirements are noted on the application, available at the links below. Mayor Williamson will review each application and conduct interviews of the candidates prior to presenting his recommendations to the City Council for appointment.
For more information, email the City Clerk’s Office at email@example.com or call (831) 646-3935.
- Application Form - Apply Now Online
- Application Form - PDF to Print - May be mailed to 580 Pacific St., Monterey, CA 93940 or dropped off in the secure drop box outside the Council Chamber.
- NCIP Map (2021 update)
- Board, Commission and Committee Handbook
- The Council's policy on Appointing Members to Boards, Commissions, and Committees is found in Resolution No. 23-131 C.S., Exhibit A., Item B.
Agendas and Minutes for all Board, Commission and Committee meetings are available through I-SEARCH Monterey. Watch City Council and board, committee, and commission meetings live and rebroadcast on the Monterey Channel. Hosted by AMP Media - ampmedia.org
Frequent Questions About Participation and Applying
Frequently Asked Questions
Current Schedule of Meetings
Per City Council policy, the City Clerk accepts applications to boards, committees, and commissions when there are vacancies due to term expirations or unexpected changes in membership. Vacancies are posted on the Boards, Commissions, and Committees webpage and emailed to the Boards and Commissions Interest List on each occasion that there are new vacancies. For more information on the applications process, call the City Clerk’s office at 831-646-3935, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.