Boards, Commissions and Committees

Colton Hall Lawn - City Hall Colton Hall and Few Memorial Hall - City Hall

Accepting Applications

The City Council is accepting applications for vacancies on the following bodies:


Neighborhood and Community Improvement Program (NCIP) Committee - 1 alternate for each of the following neighborhoods: Aguajito Oaks, Alta Mesa, Deer Flats, Del Monte Beach, Del Monte Grove Laguna Grande, Glenwood, and Villa Del Monte. Please refer to the NCIP map below for neighborhood boundaries.

Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the seats are filled.

Application Form - Apply Online!  Application Form - PDF to Print  NCIP Map


You are encouraged to apply online, or you may print a PDF and mail it to 580 Pacific St., Monterey, CA 93940 or drop off a paper application in the City Clerk’s secure drop box outside the Council Chamber. For more information, call 646-3935.

Agendas and Minutes for all Boards & Commissions meetings are available through I-SEARCH Monterey. To learn more about the responsibilities of each Board or Commission, visit the specific board or commission page. Follow projects as they go through City channels. Community members are encouraged to participate in the review of development projects that come before the City.

How can you participate?

One of the ways you can get involved with City government is to sit on a City Council advisory committee or attend public meetings. We invite you to learn more about the workings of your City and how you can become more involved by joining the review process.

Most development projects go before the different committees & commissions. Citizens are invited to attend public hearings, submit comments in writing and/or review development applications and documents. Information on serving on a board, committee or commission.

Plans for developments are available for public review in the Planning Office on the lower level of Colton Hall. Staff reports may be reviewed there as well, or in the Monterey Public Library, or online, prior to a public hearing.

How do you know when a project is up for review?

Commission & committees agendas outline what projects are being considered. Agendas are posted at City Hall and are available online at I-SEARCH Monterey.

Sign up to receive emails about applying to Boards and Commissions:


City Clerk
Voice: (831) 646-3935
Fax: (831) 646-3702

Hours: Mon - Fri 8am to 5pm

City Clerk's Office
City Hall
580 Pacific Street
Monterey, CA 93940

The Monterey Channel