Monterey Public Library has started its own writing challenge. Just like NaNo, we challenge you to write 50 K words in a month. The competition begins on February 1st and concludes on February 28th. Writing logs will be due the first week of March
To be eligible you must
- Have an active Monterey Public Library (or Pacific Grove Library) card.
- Be of any age!
- Come and pick-up an official Writing Log from Monterey Public Library (These will be available the last week of January.)
- Write! You can type, you can write in a notebook, we only need you to count your total words completed
- You cannot log words created before February 1st and you cannot log words created after February 28th. (This program works on the honor policy.)
- Return your completed Writers Log between the dates of March 1st – March 8th. If you did not reach the 50,000 count that is fine! We are glad you participated this year!
- We will have a weekly write-in at the Library for authors who like to write in a social environment. Attendance is not mandatory. This is just for fun. Please check the Library's online calendar for February Write-in dates.
These will be awarded to completed novels with the highest word counts.
Professional Cover Art for your novel. You will have input when it comes to what goes on your cover and how you want it laid out, and will get to choose from a few templates before the final is awarded to you in jpeg format. (Professional covert art can be quite pricey, so this is a great deal!)
$25 Visa Gift Card
$15 Amazon Gift Card
Questions? Call (831)-646-2094 or e-mail: email@example.com