Teen Summer Reading Program 2016
(Middle and High School-aged Students)
What makes the Teen Summer Reading Program different than the Kids Summer Reading Program? Well, one thing we acknowledge is that you are busy in the summer (sleeping, eating, working, sleeping, vacationing, sleeping, etc), so this is a program you can do on your own time. You really only have to show up once to get this packet, and then one more time to cash in on your Summer Reading Rewards. Does that sound good? We hope so, because if you picked up this packet you are in it to win it. Please read through the rest of this information to find out how to fully participate and win.
There are three ways to participate, and you don’t have to pick just one; you can do them all if you like. We’d love it if you did.
1. Keep a Reader’s Log.
· The goal for this summer is to read for 600 minutes (10 hours). If you break that up, it’s 120 minutes (or 2 hours) a week. You can do that!
· Record the number of minutes you read on your log and come in when you’ve completed your 600 minutes to receive passes for:
-a free MYO frozen yogurt treat.
-a coupon for a free slice of pizza from Pizza My Heart
-a pass for either the Mirror Maze or Mini Golf
-a pass for Monterey Lanes (local bowling alley)
-your name put in a drawing for a $50 VISA gift card.
-a free book of your choice
· The last day to turn in your log will be August 5, 2016 at 5:00 pm.
2. Do the Blog Challenge. (The Blog for entries will become active on June 4, 2016)
· Go to www.monterey.org/library, click on Teens and follow the Summer Reading Links.
· Find the link to the Blog Challenge and click.
· Instructions will be there, but they’re here as well and they’re easy: Read what you want, and tell me about it. For each book you’ve read, write an entry telling me the title, author, what you liked about the book and why. You can only do entries for books that you read this summer.
· For each entry your name will be put in a drawing for a gift card. If you have done more than five entries, your name will be added to an extra drawing for two $50 VISA gift cards. I will also draw for ten $25 VISA gift cards. Depending on the number of participants, you could win more than once.
· The drawings for the gift cards will be done on the last day of Teen Summer Reading, August 5, 2016.
· The last day to do a blog entry will be August 4, 2016.
3. Be social and Come to a Program
· There will be seven Teen Programs going on this summer. Check the calendar in this packet to see which events qualify.
· For every qualifying event you attend, get your name put in a drawing for a $10 gift card.
· If you bring friends who are not part of the Teen Summer Reading Program to a qualifying event, your name will be put in the drawing additional times for each extra attendee (who must also be a teen).
· There will be multiple gift cards awarded for attendance, so you could possibly win more than once. The drawing will be done on August 5, 2016.
Check the calendar inside of this packet to see what’s going on for your age group! Everything listed is free of charge and snacks are provided.
If you have any questions please feel free to e-mail Eboni at email@example.com, call the Library’s Help Desk at 831-646-3933, or drop in during normal hours of operation. We look forward to seeing you soon!
A special thanks to:
MYO, Pizza My Heart, Monterey Lanes, Monterey Mirror Maze, and Monterey Recreation.