The Library has created the Monterey Public Library Blog to engage Library customers in discussion of books and other library materials, library services and events, and other library-related topics. The Monterey Public Library Blog provides an opportunity for customers to communicate directly with Library staff. The City’s blog comments policy is as follows:
- Comments should relate to the topic being discussed in the original post.
- Comments should not contain profanity, racial slurs or any other derogatory terms.
- Comments should not contain personal or defamatory attacks.
- Comments should not contain random or unintelligible text.
- Reasonable arguments for opposing views are encouraged.
- A posted comment is the opinion of the poster only, and publication of a comment does not imply endorsement or agreement by the Library Director, Monterey Public Library, or the City of Monterey.
- This blog is not the place to endorse candidates or a particular stance on a currently active ballot measure.
- In keeping with an existing City web site policy, links to web sites outside Monterey.org are not allowed in posted comments.
- Comments should not advertise commercial products or services.
- Comments are subject to the California Public Records Act and will be retained as general correspondence for two years.
- This comment policy may be revised at any time.
- The City reserves the right to block or delete comments that violate this policy.
- Your submission of a comment constitutes your acceptance of this comment policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please feel free to contact Interim Library Director Inga Waite at firstname.lastname@example.org.