Update on September 1, 2017: Phase 4 slurry resurfacing work (this phase creates the most impact) is scheduled for October 6 through October 20 for all areas shown on the map.
Update on August 16, 2017: Citywide Street Resurfacing Phase 5 to begin in September in Neighborhoods - some neighborhoods will soon receive a notice of work to begin from the contractor, Granite Construction.
THERE WILL BE SEVERAL PHASES TO THIS PROJECT:
- The first phase will entail crews adjusting iron (manholes, lids, etc.) in the street. - this is complete
- The second phase will be grinding and patch paving. (The Casanova Oak Knoll and Del Monte Grove/Laguna Grande neighborhoods are first on the list. Work in these neighborhoods is scheduled to begin at the end of next week.)
- The third phase will be marking removal, crack filling and sweeping.
- The fourth phase will be resurfacing with a slurry seal.
- The final phases will include readjusting iron, striping/markings (2 coats) and clean up.
Each of these phases will occur during the course of one working day. The notice you will receive from Granite Construction is for the second phase. You will be re-notified before the slurry work as this will have the greatest impact.
The notice from Granite Construction will be in more detail with date ranges included, as well as a phone number for any questions. Once you receive this notice, if you still have questions, you can also contact me and I can relay your questions for a response.
MAP OF STREETS
Weather and other circumstances can impact the schedule. Each Friday monterey.org/construction also gets updated with a list of major construction happening in Monterey. We thank you for your continued understanding and patience during these important infrastructure improvements.